The Home Builders Association of Washington County (HBAWC) is a non-profit organization that advocates for and advances the interests of the building industry in Washington County for over 50 years and continues to grow. In addition, the HBAWC takes an active role in promoting the trades to local youth and supporting students who choose to pursue a skilled trade, ensuring the future of our industry.
As the HBAWC grows, we are working hard to add value for our members. We exist to help our members succeed. Joining a professional organization like the HBAWC can benefit you and your company in a variety of ways:
- Networking with others in the building and associated industries Your local HBA offers many opportunities for members to meet and network with a wide variety of local businesses related to the building industry. Even in this digital age, networking should be a part of your marketing plan (and done face to face, not just behind a screen).
- Advocacy on the state and local level A unified voice will always be stronger than an individual one. We are a local Association dedicated to keeping abreast of state and local issues that affect our industry in order to present a unified front in dealing with solutions to these potential issues.
- Support the future of your industry By becoming a valuable member of the HBA, you are strengthening your industry at the local, state and national level and working to make changes that will benefit your business in the years to come. The HBAWC is committed to making sure that trades-minded young people have the resources they need to pursue their passion through yearly scholarships.
- Money Saving Discounts Through our newly created Member Incentive Program, HBAWC members have access to special discounts with a growing list of local businesses. Our goal is to help you do more with less.
- Education– Through monthly meetings and seminars, the HBAWC provides its members with access to public officials and others who have valuable information about issues that impact their business. Having an issue or want to understand an agency or area better? Let us know and we will schedule a speaker to help bridge the information gap.
- Special Events Originally created as a showcase event for HBAWC’s members, the Home Show has grown to be a staple event within the county to highlight local businesses within the building industry. All HBAWC members can rent booth space for the Home Show at discounted rates, as well as offers sponsorship opportunities for advertising.
The most valuable benefit comes from the friendships formed over time in our association. Members are bonded together as they develop relationships with their peers and share their challenges and triumphs along the way. Joining an association like the HBAWC provides members with a competitive advantage because they become active, informed members of their companies, communities and the industry.